Isn’t it funny that when people come over to your house, they always seem to gather in the kitchen? And why not, the kitchen is the heart of the home! Why not make this gathering room feel as inviting as possible? Creating a space that is abundant with natural light can be accomplished perfectly by upgrading your windows.
The Team at New Windows for America can help you find the best kitchen window style for your home. Some important things to consider when looking for new kitchen windows are:
- Easy to use
- Air Circulation
- Amount of Light
The Top 5 Best Kitchen Window Styles
- Sliding Windows
- Sliding Windows are a perfect option for the kitchen, especially above the kitchen sink or counters. They are very easy to operate and give greater control for air circulation
- Garden Window
- Do you like to cook with fresh herbs year-round? A garden window gives you the option of being able to grow herbs, small plants, or just extra space for those special trinkets. This type of window extends beyond the façade of your home and has glass on all sides, perfect for growing or letting natural light in.
- Double Hung
- Double-hung windows are extremely popular for any room of the house, including the kitchen. Just as with the sliding window, you’ll have greater control over air circulation as you can open it from the top or bottom.
- Casement Windows
- These windows are opened outwards by using a crank perfect for when you want to control the airflow. They are perfect for allowing brightness and airiness into your kitchen.
- Patio Door
- A sliding patio door is like a large sliding window, allowing maximum natural light into your kitchen. Sliding patio doors slide on a track and are easy to open and operate.
Now that you have that bright and light kitchen you have dreamed of, we have come up with 10 design tips for you on how you can complement your new windows!
10 Creative Kitchen Window Ideas & Decorating Tips
A white kitchen exudes timeless sophistication. With a bright and airy canvas, you can easily add your own style with backsplashes, lighting, hardware, etc., in a wide variety of colors, textures, and styles.
- Consider adding a white or creative and colorful backsplash to complement white window frames to balance light and space.
- Upgrade to a new range or updated vent hoods, which can often feel more like a statement piece or a piece of furniture.
- For the kitchen walls, a warm natural color or gray paint can tone down the brightness or add a splash of color with wallpaper or brighter wall color.
- Replace your countertop with a natural stone or wood to warm up the space.
- Update your lighting fixtures especially at the island and over the kitchen sink area.
- Add some texture to your chairs and stools by adding slipcovers.
- Switch out the kitchen flooring with a fun geometric tile, porcelain, or durable stone tile.
- Consider repainting or refinishing your kitchen cabinets instead of a full replacement.
- Add roman shades to your new windows for privacy.
- Upgrade your kitchen sink fixtures for a relatively inexpensive update.
Ready to Get Started on Replacing Your Kitchen Windows?
New Windows for America offers all kinds of different window styles that would be perfect for your kitchen! We have 25+ years of experience with installing kitchen windows, or windows for your entire home! New Windows for America offers some of the industry’s best brands, including Vinylmax, Milgard, Pella, and more! We are happy to work with you on finding the best kitchen window replacement for your Colorado home and can offer you a free estimate.
Contact our New Windows for America Team today and get a free estimate.